Whiting Petroleum Corporation’s Orion Skinner awarded the 2012 outstanding explorer of the year by RMAG
Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Whiting Petroleum Corporation’s (NYSE:WLL) Orion Skinner has been awarded the Outstanding Explorer of 2012 by the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG). Mr. Skinner, who is Whiting’s Senior Explorationist for the Northern Rockies, is credited with the discovery of the Pronghorn Sand productive horizon in southern North Dakota at the Company’s Pronghorn prospect in Stark County. The award was presented to Mr. Skinner on November 17, 2012 at RMAG’s Rockbuster’s Ball.
Mr. Skinner joined Whiting in 2004 as Senior Geologist of the Northern Rockies. He received a Master’s Degree in Geology from the University of Wyoming in 1982 and is a member of RMAG and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
Chairman and CEO James J. Volker commented, “Orion epitomizes the quality of our geoscientists at Whiting. He was instrumental in the discovery of several oil fields in the Williston Basin, including our Sanish field in Mountrail County, North Dakota. Sanish field was one of the first Middle Bakken oil discoveries in the Basin. Thanks to Orion’s expertise and vision, we have been able to amass large acreage positions in oil-bearing prospects throughout the Williston Basin at reasonable acreage costs. These positions include Hidden Bench, Lewis & Clark, Missouri Breaks, Tarpon, Cassandra, Big Island and Starbuck.”
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Aquaterra Energy showcases full-service approach at OTC
- Webtool RCO54 is the perfect tool for routine drill line maintenance
- Foster Wheeler Awarded FEED Contracts by S-OIL Corporation for Residue Upgrading Project in South Korea
- Industry leaders meeting in Glasgow next month to discuss ‘The global decommissioning legacy – Burden or Bonanza?'
- ABB wins $60 million telecom contracts for Statoil platforms
- Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. retains Citigroup Global Markets to sell its interest in West Texas LPG Pipeline Limited Partnership
- Viking strengthens partnership with Labroy Marine veteran as it invests in second rig accelerates entry to mainstream offshore rig chartering
- Longtom operational update