Westlake Chemical begins ethylene capacity expansion project in Lake Charles, LA
Friday, Jan 11, 2013
HOUSTON, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Westlake Chemical Corporation's (NYSE: WLK) previously announced expansion of the Petro 2 ethylene unit at its complex in Lake Charles, LA has begun. This expansion will be completed in conjunction with a planned maintenance turnaround and will increase ethane-based ethylene capacity by approximately 230 - 240 million pounds annually in support of the Company's ethylene integration strategy. The unit is expected to be down approximately 60 days for the work to be completed.
Westlake Chemical Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products with headquarters in Houston, Texas. The company's range of products includes: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC and PVC pipe, windows and fence. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.westlake.com.
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK)
The statements in this release relating to the expansion of capacity, as well as any other matters that are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially. For more detailed information about factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, please refer to Westlake's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, which was filed in February 2012.
SOURCE Westlake Chemical Corporation
Other Chemical News
- Vertellus Specialties Inc. opens office in Mumbai
- Taminco Corporation completes acquisition of Formic Acid business of Kemira Oyj
- BASF breaks ground on new resin plant in Shanghai, China
- Neste Oil together with its Dutch partners win a Sustainable Bio Award for their work on sustainable aviation biofuel
- Aberdeen microbiology experts delighted their toxicity tests are included in DECC preferred method of offshore discharge testing to reduce marine envi
- Toyota Tsusho enters direct methanol fuel cell business-signs Japan exclusive agency agreement with U.S. fuel cell venturec
- Linde Canada Ltd. acquires Quebec safety equipment distributor
- Frost & Sullivan announces Europe and North America drive demand for premium, sustainable lubricants to meet environmental regulations