Valerus awarded compression services contract by Petrofac for mature field in Mexico
Thursday, Nov 29, 2012
Valerus, (www.valerus-co.com), a world leader in integrated oil and gas handling equipment and services, announced today that it has been awarded a contract from Petrofac to provide contract compression services for two mature onshore fields in Mexico. Petrofac was selected by PEMEX to develop the Magallanes and Santuario blocks in Tabasco State, central Mexico, to increase production through the reactivation and development of both blocks that have been operated by PEMEX since the early 1960s.
“We look forward to working with Petrofac on this important project.”
Valerus will provide approximately 10,000 hp of compression as well as ongoing maintenance and operations services for the project. Work is expected to begin in December 2012 with all compression equipment installed by March 2013. The contract award for ongoing maintenance and operations services is for two years.
Valerus has worked in Mexico since 2004, installing and operating over 150,000 hp of compression facilities in addition to providing production equipment, processing and treating, and operations and maintenance services in the country. Valerus also has the only ISO 9001 certified facility in Mexico for gas processing services, operations and maintenance.
“Valerus has a track record of experience in Mexico as well as superior safety and quality capabilities for gas processing and treating,” said Patricia Martinez, vice president of Latin America for Valerus. “We look forward to working with Petrofac on this important project.”
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Aquaterra Energy showcases full-service approach at OTC
- Webtool RCO54 is the perfect tool for routine drill line maintenance
- Foster Wheeler Awarded FEED Contracts by S-OIL Corporation for Residue Upgrading Project in South Korea
- Industry leaders meeting in Glasgow next month to discuss ‘The global decommissioning legacy – Burden or Bonanza?'
- ABB wins $60 million telecom contracts for Statoil platforms
- Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. retains Citigroup Global Markets to sell its interest in West Texas LPG Pipeline Limited Partnership
- Viking strengthens partnership with Labroy Marine veteran as it invests in second rig accelerates entry to mainstream offshore rig chartering
- Longtom operational update