Upsolar partners with RSEnergy on 2 MW project in Greece
Thursday, Dec 20, 2012
Upsolar, a leading international provider of solar PV modules, today announced the company was selected for a 2 MW project by RSEnergy Hellas Solartechnik Ltd. (RSEnergy), a major energy engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firm based in Greece. The agreement is based on a long-term partnership with RSEnergy.
“In addition to the very high electricity production, Upsolar provides security to the investors by means of the PowerGuard insurance. The PowerGuard insurance is backed up by industry-leading insurance companies with A ratings. This provides investment security to our customers over the whole lifetime of the project.”
Located in Igoumenitsa, the solar PV system will provide clean power to a private Greek investor. This project serves as the latest in Upsolar’s robust Greek portfolio, with the company shipping more than 55 MW of modules throughout the country since it established Upsolar Greece in 2010.
“As customers in Greece seek new methods to secure strong, long-term investments, the country’s solar market has the potential to become a major global player in the coming years,” said Ioannis Markatatos, Country Manager for Upsolar Greece. “Thanks to our partnerships with reputable partners like RSEnergy, Upsolar is poised to achieve significant market share across the region."
RSEnergy, a turnkey energy solutions provider, has chosen Upsolar PV modules for use in its ground mounted and industrial rooftop applications across Greece.
“RSEnergy has constructed projects with Upsolar PV modules all over Greece. The installations show very high yields. Our customers are extremely satisfied with the quality components deployed,” said Mr. Müller-Polyzos, CEO of RSEnergy. “In addition to the very high electricity production, Upsolar provides security to the investors by means of the PowerGuard insurance. The PowerGuard insurance is backed up by industry-leading insurance companies with A ratings. This provides investment security to our customers over the whole lifetime of the project.”
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- JinkoSolar files 2013 annual report on Form 20-F
- Trina Solar announces grid connection for 23.8 MW PV projects in UK
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund