Upsolar partners with RSEnergy on 2 MW project in Greece
Thursday, Dec 20, 2012
Upsolar, a leading international provider of solar PV modules, today announced the company was selected for a 2 MW project by RSEnergy Hellas Solartechnik Ltd. (RSEnergy), a major energy engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firm based in Greece. The agreement is based on a long-term partnership with RSEnergy.
“In addition to the very high electricity production, Upsolar provides security to the investors by means of the PowerGuard insurance. The PowerGuard insurance is backed up by industry-leading insurance companies with A ratings. This provides investment security to our customers over the whole lifetime of the project.”
Located in Igoumenitsa, the solar PV system will provide clean power to a private Greek investor. This project serves as the latest in Upsolar’s robust Greek portfolio, with the company shipping more than 55 MW of modules throughout the country since it established Upsolar Greece in 2010.
“As customers in Greece seek new methods to secure strong, long-term investments, the country’s solar market has the potential to become a major global player in the coming years,” said Ioannis Markatatos, Country Manager for Upsolar Greece. “Thanks to our partnerships with reputable partners like RSEnergy, Upsolar is poised to achieve significant market share across the region."
RSEnergy, a turnkey energy solutions provider, has chosen Upsolar PV modules for use in its ground mounted and industrial rooftop applications across Greece.
“RSEnergy has constructed projects with Upsolar PV modules all over Greece. The installations show very high yields. Our customers are extremely satisfied with the quality components deployed,” said Mr. Müller-Polyzos, CEO of RSEnergy. “In addition to the very high electricity production, Upsolar provides security to the investors by means of the PowerGuard insurance. The PowerGuard insurance is backed up by industry-leading insurance companies with A ratings. This provides investment security to our customers over the whole lifetime of the project.”
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA again donates renewable energy certificates to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Honor of Earth Day
- 3M celebrates 10-year record of EPA ENERGY STAR sustained excellence award
- SolarWorld powers spread of grass-roots community solar purchasing from coast to coast
- Canadian Solar to supply 43MW of solar modules in Japan
- Nice-Pak products and PDI complete largest Rooftop solar array in Rockland County
- Renewable Energy Group achieves one billion gallon milestone
- KYOCERA invests in solar projects valued at $38M with U.S. Light Energy
- InterGen announces agreement with IEnova for the purchase of 50 percent of the first phase of the Energía Sierra Juarez wind project