United Refining Company reports record year end fiscal 2012 results
Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
WARREN, Pa., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Refining Company, a leading regional refiner and marketer of petroleum products announces results for the Company's fiscal year ended August 31, 2012.
EBITDA1 increased $348.2 million for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012 to a record $401.3 million from $53.1 million for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011.
Net income for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012 was $190.8 million, an improvement of $198.9 million from net loss of $8.1 million for the year ended August 31, 2011.
Net income and EBITDA includes $43.8 million of unrealized gains on derivative contracts for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012.
Net sales for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012 were $3.7 billion as compared to $3.2 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011.
Wholesale sales increased during fiscal 2012 by $461.8 million or 29.9% for the comparable period in fiscal 2011 from $1,543.1 million to $2,004.9 million. The increase was due to a 6.2% increase in wholesale selling prices and a 22.3% increase in wholesale volume. Retail sales increased during fiscal 2012 by $102.2 million or 6.3% for the comparable period in fiscal 2011 from $1,623.8 million to $1,726.0 million. The retail sales increase was primarily due to increases in petroleum selling prices and merchandise sales.
SOURCE United Refining Company
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil Product News
- Unique System FZE Announces the Launch of the New Cygnus DIVE MK2 Now in the Middle East Region
- Seatronics adds Kongsberg Mesotech’s M3 Multibeam Sonar System to its Asia Pacific rental fleet
- Nautronix Secures Multi-Million Dollar Order for NASNet® DPR
- Silver Fox expands testing knowledge-base with UV weathering tests
- Silver Fox turns Silver Sponsor for Charity Golf Classic
- Unique System FZE Aids in Completion of the Automatic Weather Observation System Project on an International Airport in the UAE
- Industry leaders meeting in Glasgow next month to discuss ‘The global decommissioning legacy – Burden or Bonanza?'
- Unique System (UK) Ltd to Showcase First Fully Integrated Surface Diver Monitoring System at Oceanology International 2014