United Refining Company reports record year end fiscal 2012 results
Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
WARREN, Pa., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Refining Company, a leading regional refiner and marketer of petroleum products announces results for the Company's fiscal year ended August 31, 2012.
EBITDA1 increased $348.2 million for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012 to a record $401.3 million from $53.1 million for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011.
Net income for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012 was $190.8 million, an improvement of $198.9 million from net loss of $8.1 million for the year ended August 31, 2011.
Net income and EBITDA includes $43.8 million of unrealized gains on derivative contracts for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012.
Net sales for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2012 were $3.7 billion as compared to $3.2 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011.
Wholesale sales increased during fiscal 2012 by $461.8 million or 29.9% for the comparable period in fiscal 2011 from $1,543.1 million to $2,004.9 million. The increase was due to a 6.2% increase in wholesale selling prices and a 22.3% increase in wholesale volume. Retail sales increased during fiscal 2012 by $102.2 million or 6.3% for the comparable period in fiscal 2011 from $1,623.8 million to $1,726.0 million. The retail sales increase was primarily due to increases in petroleum selling prices and merchandise sales.
SOURCE United Refining Company
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Petrochemical News
- BASF to establish world-scale specialty amines plant in Nanjing, China
- Independence Oilfield Chemicals introduces new crosslinking system, enables lower chemical content for fluids in unconventional shale fracturing
- Amarinth wins its first order from INEOS for flare knock-out pumps
- Gazprom’s expansion in Armenia guarantees sound and sustainable development of Armenian fuel and energy sector
- Air Products and NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN Pipeline & Engineering Co. Ltd. sign agreement for Hydrogen Fueling Station work in Japan
- Further to the announcement of Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) related to its subsidiary Maaden Phosphate Company (MPC) shut down
- Strengthening of petrochemical operations in Japan
- Basic agreement on unification of naphtha cracker facilities in Mizushima