The Principal Solar institute documents role of solar to power organic, local food production
Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012
Principal Solar, Inc. (PSI; OTC Pink: PSWW), a publicly traded solar energy holding company executing a unique roll-up strategy to create the world's first distributed solar utility, today announced the release of “Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Organic Food Supply.” Authored by James W. Keyes, chairman, Key Development LLC, R. Michael Martin, executive vice president, Business Development, PSI, and Brett T. Gage, research assistant, the paper examines how alternative energy resources, such as photovoltaic (PV) solar, can enhance organic and local food production.
“Organic certification requires that foods be produced without genetic modification, synthetic hormones, unsustainable practices, or use of certain substances.”
“In recent years, solar has become increasingly cost effective,” says Keyes, advisor toPrincipal Solar. “Organic certification requires that foods be produced without genetic modification, synthetic hormones, unsustainable practices, or use of certain substances.”
He adds that, of the various renewable energy alternatives available to fuel organic agriculture, PV solar systems are the most economical on the farm.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests