The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for wellbore 7/8-6 S – production licence 498
Friday, Nov 09, 2012The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lotos Exploration and Production Norge AS a drilling permit for wellbore 7/8-6 S.
Well 7/8-6 S will be drilled from the Mærsk Guardian drilling facility at position 57°17’55.17’’N and 2°27’19.16”E.
The drilling programme for well 7/8-6 S concerns the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 498. Lotos Exploration and Production Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 25 per cent. The licensees are Edison International Norway Branch, Skagen 44 AS and 4Sea Energy As, all with a 25 per cent ownership interest. Production licence 498 was awarded in APA 2008.
The area in this production licence is located in the southern part of the North Sea and consists of parts of blocks 7/7, 7/8, 7/11 and 7/12. Wildcat well 7/8-6 S is the first exploration well in this production licence.
The drilling permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
Source: The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other North Sea Oil News
- Chrysaor signs East Solan Basin farm - out with RWE Dea including agreement to participate in the drilling of the Mustard Prospect, West of Shetland
- Drilling permit for well 16/1-18 in production licence 338
- EMGS signs multi-client contract worth USD 4 million
- Polarcus expands multi-client footprint ahead of UK 28th Round
- A decade of progress since world’s first rigless platform well abandonment
- North Port Takes Delivery of World’s Newest Rig
- Energy minister awards record number of licences to UK independent oil exploration companies
- Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce oil and gas survey confirms bright future for North Sea