The Alamosa Solar Generating project powered by Amonix concentrator photovoltaic systems named a top renewable energy project of the year
Friday, Dec 21, 2012
Amonix Inc., the leading designer and manufacturer of utility-scale concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) solar power systems, announced that the Alamosa Solar Generating Plant located in Alamosa, Colorado was selected as a runner up for the Best Solar Project category during the Renewable Energy World Conference and Expo last week. The Alamosa Solar Generating Plant is the largest high-concentration solar field in the world and uses 504 dual-axis tracking Amonix CPV solar arrays.
Developed, owned and operated by Cogentrix Energy, a leading independent power producer, the Plant produces 30 megawatts of solar power for use by customers of Xcel Energy’s subsidiary, Public Service Company of Colorado (“PSCo”).
“Amonix is very proud that our CPV systems were the technology of choice for the Alamosa Plant and our team has been dedicated to the success of this project.”
“It is a great achievement for The Alamosa Solar Generating Plant to be an award finalist for Solar Project of the Year,” said Pat McCullough, Amonix Chief Executive Officer. “Amonix is very proud that our CPV systems were the technology of choice for the Alamosa Plant and our team has been dedicated to the success of this project.”
The Alamosa Solar Generating Plant is expected to produce enough clean renewable energy per year to power more than 6,500 homes and avoid the emissions of over 43,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year.
Each of the 504 Amonix arrays produces approximately 60 kW of electricity from the sun. Amonix recently announced a world record module efficiency of 33.5% and continues to push the state of the art in concentrator photovoltaic technology through continued innovation.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests