Technip awarded pipeline installation contract in the Gulf of Mexico
Tuesday, Dec 18, 2012
Technip was awarded by the Discovery System* a lump sum pipeline installation contract for Discovery’s South Timbalier Block 283 Junction Platform project. The pipelines will be installed between existing facilities in South Timbalier 280 and Ewing Bank 873 and the new platform in Block 283, at water depths ranging from 83 to 244 meters.
The contract covers project management, engineering, transport, installation and pre-commissioning:
•15.8 kilometers of 12” pipeline,
•13.9 kilometers of 30” pipeline.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will perform the overall project management and engineering.
Offshore installation will be performed in 2013 with the G1200 as the primary installation vessel for all pipelay. Pre-commissioning will be completed by one of the Technip diving support vessels.
David Dickson, Technip’s Senior Vice President, North America Region, has declared: “This award is the largest-diameter pipelay contract for Technip in the Gulf of Mexico, thanks to the acquisition of Global Industries. This 30” pipeline will also be the largest diameter lines installed by the G1200 vessel to date.”
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Pipeline News
- Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. retains Citigroup Global Markets to sell its interest in West Texas LPG Pipeline Limited Partnership
- South Stream transport to sign contract for laying first string of South Stream’s offshore section in March 2014
- 100 billion cubic meters of gas delivered via Blue Stream to Turkey
- The Oil and Gas Services Association of Québec welcomes the National Energy Board's decision to approve the Line 9B reversal
- Southcross Energy Partners, L.P. acquires South Texas pipelines
- Ontario oil producers to benefit from Line 9B reversal
- Severstal’s Izhora pipe mill prepares for South Stream
- Release of the reasons for decision on the Enbridge application for the Line 9B Reversal and Line 9 Capacity Expansion Project/