Technip awarded a contract by Shell for the Gannet field in the North Sea
Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013
Technip was awarded by Shell U.K. Limited an engineering, procurement, installation and construction contract for the Gannet F Reinstatement project, located in the North Sea, 180 kilometers east of Aberdeen, at a water depth of 95 meters.
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the second semester of 2013. The Group’s spoolbase in Evanton, Scotland, will fabricate the pipe-in-pipe and DUCO Limited, Technip’s wholly-owned subsidiary in Newcastle, England, will manufacture the umbilical. Technip’s pipelay vessel, Apache II, will be used for the offshore campaign.
Bill Morrice, Managing Director of Technip in the United Kingdom, said: “We are delighted to have been awarded this contract which strengthens our relationship with Shell U.K. Limited. Our vast experience in providing cost-effective and efficient pipe-in-pipe solutions for our clients will help us execute this project safely and effectively. We look forward to supporting Shell to maximize production from the Gannet field.”
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam