Tata Power Solar Systems to highlight the importance of solar power at India?s first solar-powered festival in Mumbai
Friday, Jan 18, 2013
Tata Power Solar Systems (Tata Power Solar), a 100 percent subsidiary of Tata Power, is partnering with Sanctuary Asia and Deutsche Bank in a first of its kind endeavor – the SunPlugged GreenKarbon Fest. The primary objective of this fest, India’s first solar-powered festival which will take place in Mumbai, is to offer people a glimpse into the future powered by sustainable resources.
At SunPlugged GreenKarbon fest, Tata Power Solar is setting up a demo solar power unit of 60KW. Tata Power Solar is installing this system to generate and store electricity during the day, and use it to power the musical show in the evening. The projected sound load of 20KW and the light load of 15KW at the musical show is expected to be completely powered through solar energy generated by Tata Power Solar.
Through the SunPlugged GreenKarbon Fest, Tata Power Solar is demonstrating that a better renewable way exists for Mumbai, India and rest of the world. The fest would clear the misconceptions of polluting city life in a contemporary exploration of ancient values that can propel a green, sustainable future. Using dance, music and technical demonstrations, the fest will showcase the work of some of India’s most passionate change makers.
Speaking on the initiative, Ajay Goel, managing director, Tata Power Solar, said, “People around the globe are increasingly becoming environmentally friendly by using solar energy in as many creative ways as possible. We believe that with growing awareness of solar energy among consumers, India is likely to become one of the largest users for solar energy in the world.”
Tata Power Solar was founded in 1989 as a joint venture between BP Solar and Tata Power, and after the recent demerger with BP Solar, operates independently as a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Power.
Source: Tata Power Solar Systems
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests