Tap Oil announces Pathum-1 exploration well
Tuesday, Dec 11, 2012
Tap Oil Limited (ASX: TAP) provides the following update on the Pathum-1 exploration well. The Pathum-1 exploration well is the third and final well in the Thailand 2012 exploration drilling campaign for Tap.Location/Proposed Depth The Pathum prospect is located in the G3/48 concession within the southern Sattakut Basin, some 41 kilometres north west of the existing Manora field. The Pathum-1 exploration well will test the petroleum potential of the fluvial section as the primary target in the southern Sattakut Basin and is a commitment well.
The Pathum-1 exploration well is being drilled in shallow water and has an expected total depth of approximately 2,642 metres measured depth rotary table (MDRT). The well will target a prospective resource of around 5 mmbbls (PMean).
The drilling rig is on location.
The well is expected to reach target depth of approximately 2,642 metres MDRT within 11 days (trouble free). Weekly updates will be provided during drilling operations.
Source: Tap Oil
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Exploration News
- HRT Participações em Petróleo S.A. announces drilling of well 1-HRT-11-AM concluded
- Kosmos Energy announces results from Sipo-1 exploration well
- TAG Oil Ltd. announces intersecting oil & gas shows in our East Coast Basin source rock
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. and Plains Exploration & Production Company announce PXP shareholders approve acquisition
- Daybreak continues development success at California oil project
- AWE upgrades AAL gross 2P reserves to over 100 million barrels of recoverable oil with potential for future significant reserves growth
- OMV Petrom invests EUR 90 mn for the Oprisenesti oil field redevelopment
- Petrominerales awarded three blocks in the 11th Bid Round in Brazil