SunPower Corporation to supply Toshiba with 20.1 percent efficiency solar panel for Japanese market
Thursday, Dec 06, 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ: SPWR) today announced that it will supply Toshiba with its new world-record efficiency solar panel beginning in December, extending Toshiba's solar efficiency leadership in the Japanese residential market. SunPower's new E20/250NE solar panel features a 20.1 percent efficiency rating delivering 250 watts per 72-cell module, and will be marketed exclusively by Toshiba in the Japanese homes segment. The module features the all-back contact Maxeon™ solar cell designed and manufactured by SunPower Corporation which offers world-record efficiency.
Since SunPower first partnered with Toshiba in 2010, it has delivered more than 150 MW of its high-efficiency solar panels to Toshiba. "With our new supply agreement with SunPower, Toshiba will continue to meet the growing demand for high efficiency solar systems from our customers in the Japanese residential market," said Toshiba Executive Officer, Corporate Vice President, Takeshi Yokota. "Through our solid partnership with SunPower, and the ability to exclusively sell their new 250-watt, 20.1 percent efficiency solar panel, we continue as the solar efficiency leader in Japan."
"Since 2010 we have enjoyed a strong partnership with Toshiba, a leader in the fast-growing Japanese solar market. Toshiba stands for innovation and quality, and so our brands are well matched as we work together to provide high efficiency, high reliability solar panels and systems in Japan," said Tom Werner, SunPower president and CEO. "We're confident that our new E20 / 250 watt high efficiency solar panels will drive significant growth in this market and be a win-win for both companies."
SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) designs, manufactures and delivers the highest efficiency, highest reliability solar panels and systems available today. Residential, business, government and utility customers rely on the company's quarter century of experience and guaranteed performance to provide maximum return on investment throughout the life of the solar system. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., SunPower has offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Africa and Asia. For more information, visit www.sunpowercorp.com.
Source: SunPower Corp.
Other Renewable News
- Iberdrola reinforces commitment to hydroelectric power
- JinkoSolar provides 4000kWp to Inbar Solar Energy for Mitzpe Ramon Ground Project
- Neste Oil together with its Dutch partners win a Sustainable Bio Award for their work on sustainable aviation biofuel
- Enel Green Power completes “São Judas” wind farm in Brazil
- ReneSola provides high-efficiency modules to 11.7MW solar project in Italy
- Frost & Sullivan lauds ZTE Corporation's green power solutions for mitigating the power shortage in Africa and stoking the ICT sector
- Speech from the Throne signals renewed awareness of significant potential of Alberta's wind energy resources
- Wind energy contributes to improvement of Ontario's electricity grid stability and reliability