Stork Technical Services subsea opens new operations facility
Friday, Dec 14, 2012
Stork Technical Services Subsea, the subsea division of the leading global provider of knowledge-based asset integrity management services for the oil and gas, chemical and power sectors, today announces the opening of a dedicated operational hub at Stork’s UK headquarters in Aberdeen.
Stork Subsea has invested more than £1million in the 15,0002ft facility which houses the company’s extensive fleet of dive intervention craft and technology, a bespoke dive test facility for the calibration and certification of specialist equipment and office space.
The investment comes near the end of a record year for Stork Subsea, which has seen the division increase its workforce by a third to more than 250 onshore and offshore employees and double its revenue, which is forecast to reach £50million. This growth has been driven by significant contracts secured for integrated IRM (inspection, repair and maintenance) activity in the UKCS, West Africa and Mediterranean.
The opening of the new facility comes only months after the division announced it had won more than £10million of new contracts, was investing £2million in its dive intervention craft fleet and was taking on 10 new employees.
Roddy James, Director of Stork Technical Services, said: “We have experienced significant growth in the past year and investing in our new operational hub was a key requirement for our future expansion plans. The facility will improve the efficiency of our onshore logistics and help us meet the continued and growing demand for our integrated subsea services.”
Erik-Jan Bijvank, SVP – UK & Africa for Stork Technical Services, said: “Our subsea division is critical to the future growth of Stork across the UK & Africa and we expect to see our excellent performance continue into 2013 and beyond. Our continual investment in the division highlights our aim to be the industry’s air and nitrox diving contractor of choice and I am confident we are on course to achieve this.”
Source: Stork Technical Services
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Subsea News
- Prysmian awarded contract to install submarine cables
- EnQuest places North Sea IRM project with Hallin
- FMC Technologies receives $26 million subsea equipment order for ConocoPhillips Bayu Undan Phase 3 Project
- Bowtech Products Ltd donates £7,000 state-of-the-art camera and light system to Police Scotland’s Dive and Marine Unit in Aberdeen, UK
- Cargotec receives EUR 37 million order for MacGregor offshore cranes from Hornbeck Offshore Services
- Statoil announces Noble Corporation has been awarded the drilling services for Mariner project
- Noble receives contract award for new ultra-high specification jackup to be constructed for Mariner project
- Vector Technology Group proud to get recognition award from Technip for MWCS subsea project