SNC-Lavalin debooks hydrocarbons & chemicals project in Alberta
Monday, Dec 24, 2012
SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) has received a notice of termination for convenience from its client related to a fixed-price EPC contract it was awarded in November 2011 for a froth treatment plant in Fort McMurray, Alberta. The notice is effective immediately.
This project will be debooked from the Company’s backlog in the fourth quarter 2012. The Company does not currently anticipate that this termination will have a material impact on its fourth quarter earnings.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure, and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin has offices across Canada and in over 40 other countries around the world, and is currently working in some 100 countries. www.snclavalin.com.
Other Chemical News
- Certified sustainable biofuels key to aviation's future
- Chemtrade announces acquisition of General Chemical, strengthening and expanding its existing platform
- Enerkem begins commissioning of front-end systems at the Enerkem Alberta Biofuels facility in Edmonton, Canada
- Nation Ford Chemical receives National performance improvement Honor
- AkzoNobel joins Together for Sustainability (TfS) to enhance global supply chain
- Dow announces carve-out scope for $5 billion of commodity chemicals businesses
- CB&I announces contract for U.S. Ethylene plant
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for engineering, procurement and related services for CODELCO Molybdenum Refinery in Chile