SCA and E.ON sign agreement on wind power joint venture
Monday, Dec 10, 2012
SCA (STO:SCAA)(STO:SCAB) signed a joint venture agreement with E.ON today, through which E.ON will develop a number of wind power projects together with SCA.
The joint venture includes the areas operated by SCA Vind up until the licence application: Hästkullen and Björnlandhöjden in Härnösand, and Kramfors and Timrå municipalities. The agreement also covers wind power projects in southern Ånge and in Ljusdal.
“The joint venture includes approximately 270 wind power stations and a total energy production of more than 2 TWh, corresponding to the electricity required for warming 100,000 Swedish households,” says Head of SCA Energy, Åke Westberg.
Future investment decisions can be expected by 2014 or 2015 at the earliest. The project is expected to be in operation by 2016 to 2017 at the earliest.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests