SCA and E.ON sign agreement on wind power joint venture
Monday, Dec 10, 2012
SCA (STO:SCAA)(STO:SCAB) signed a joint venture agreement with E.ON today, through which E.ON will develop a number of wind power projects together with SCA.
The joint venture includes the areas operated by SCA Vind up until the licence application: Hästkullen and Björnlandhöjden in Härnösand, and Kramfors and Timrå municipalities. The agreement also covers wind power projects in southern Ånge and in Ljusdal.
“The joint venture includes approximately 270 wind power stations and a total energy production of more than 2 TWh, corresponding to the electricity required for warming 100,000 Swedish households,” says Head of SCA Energy, Åke Westberg.
Future investment decisions can be expected by 2014 or 2015 at the earliest. The project is expected to be in operation by 2016 to 2017 at the earliest.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA again donates renewable energy certificates to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Honor of Earth Day
- 3M celebrates 10-year record of EPA ENERGY STAR sustained excellence award
- SolarWorld powers spread of grass-roots community solar purchasing from coast to coast
- Canadian Solar to supply 43MW of solar modules in Japan
- Nice-Pak products and PDI complete largest Rooftop solar array in Rockland County
- Renewable Energy Group achieves one billion gallon milestone
- KYOCERA invests in solar projects valued at $38M with U.S. Light Energy
- InterGen announces agreement with IEnova for the purchase of 50 percent of the first phase of the Energía Sierra Juarez wind project