Savary completes drilling at Hounde South, Burkina Faso
Thursday, Dec 20, 2012Savary Gold Corp. ("Savary" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:SCA) is pleased to announce the successful completion of its initial drilling program on its Hounde South property, located in southwestern Burkina Faso. The program consisted of 26 drill holes, totaling 2,709 metres of reverse circulation (RC) drilling, as well as geophysical surveys and geologic mapping of the property. A total of 2,700 samples were collected during the program and have been submitted for analysis; results are pending.
"We are extremely pleased that our initial drilling program at Hounde South has been completed in such a timely manner," stated Charles Mostert, Savary Gold's President and CEO. "We are looking forward to receiving the analytical results from this round of drilling in order that we may begin the detailed planning for our next phase of exploration at Hounde South."
Analysis of exploration data previously acquired on the property identified two primary targets along the Ouango-Fini Shear zone: the Kueredougou zone and the Diosso South zone. The current program completed 20 holes, totalling 2,143 metres, on the Kueredougou zone and 6 holes, totaling 566 metres, at Diosso South.
The Hounde South property consists of two exploration licenses, Diosso and Mandiasso, totaling 375 square kilometres, and is located in the Birimian age Hounde Greenstone Belt of West Africa, currently the fastest growing gold producing area in the world.
Drilling was carried out by Major Drilling Burkina Faso SA. and laboratory analysis is being conducted by SGS Burkina Faso SA., both of whom are independent of Savary Gold.
Robin Black, M.Sc., P. Geo., a consulting geologist of the Company and a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
Other Metal News
- Colossus Minerals provides development update
- Global Alumina announces agreement to sell its interests in Guinea Alumina Corporation
- MDN terminates its agreement with Metalinvest for the Ikungu project
- Northern Shield intersects gold veinlet at wabassi - drilling to resume to test gravity anomaly at "E"
- Sarama Resources continues to consolidate its position at the South Houndé project in Burkina Faso
- Teryl Resources Corp. signs contract to drill the Fish Creek property, Fairbanks, Alaska
- IMX commences regional exploration work at Nachingwea
- TAD adds additional ground to the Iskut Copper Gold Prospect in British Columbia