Roxi Petroleum plc provide update on BNG / KNOC farm-out
Thursday, Nov 22, 2012
Roxi Petroleum plc, the Central Asian oil and gas company with a focus on Kazakhstan, announces that it has been informed by KNOC that KNOC has decided not to complete the previously announced farm-in to BNG.
All material regulatory consents had been received to allow the BNG farm-in to proceed and significant preparatory work by Roxi and KNOC had been completed.
The only outstanding issue related to the procurement by Roxi of an advance waiver from the Kazakh regulatory authorities to allow KNOC to switch its investment from BNG to Galaz in the event KNOC was not satisfied with the results from BNG. Under Kazakh law, waivers are only granted after a transaction has been agreed, and in this case such a condition was not capable of satisfaction.
Discussions over the past few months have centred on finding an alternative mechanism to protect KNOC's position should it seek a switch into Galaz, but regretfully KNOC has decided none of Roxi's suggested alternatives is acceptable.
Roxi will now look to build on the preparatory work at BNG with new partners and a further announcement will be made in due course.
Source: Roxi Petroleum
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 6608/11-8 in production licence 128
- Irving Oil partners with Acadia University as first natural gas customer in Nova Scotia
- ExxonMobil contributes to tornado recovery and relief efforts
- Alexander Energy Ltd. 11-12-56-27W4 well recompletion tests at 260 BOPD
- Audubon announces major dominion LNG liquefaction contract
- Greyrock to deploy plants that monetize low value associated natural gas
- Pioneer Natural Resources announces initial production results for first horizontal Wolfcamp Shale well in Martin County, Texas
- Pacific NorthWest LNG awards FEED contracts for LNG facility near prince rupert