Roxi Petroleum plc announces Galaz NK-12
Friday, Jan 11, 2013
Roxi Petroleum plc, the Central Asian oil and gas company with a focus on Kazakhstan, is pleased to update the market with the progress of Well NK-12, at its NW Konys asset (Galaz), which was spudded on 23 November 2012.
Well NK-12 is located to the south of currently producing wells at Galaz, which in aggregate are now producing in excess of 1,000 bopd. Roxi has a 34.22 per cent interest in Galaz.
NK-12 has been drilled to a total depth of 1,402 metres, and wireline logging has been run. The wireline log interpretation indicated that the well encountered an oil-bearing zone in the Cretaceous interval from 1,285 to 1,292.8 metres. Production casing has been run and cemented for perforating the above interval for testing.
Work on this well is scheduled to restart following the end of the Kazakh New Year holiday break in the middle of January 2013, after which, a further update will be made.
Source: Roxi Petroleum plc
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- FTTN moves forward with Texas acquisitions as State’s oil production outpaces rivals
- Severstal to improve heavy plate quality for South Stream and Power of Siberia oil and gas projects
- Delek Group announces discovery of natural gas at the "Karish 1" exploratory well
- Max Petroleum Plc provide drilling update
- Tower Resources plc announces statement regarding the results of the Wingat-1 exploration well, Walvis Basin, Offshore Namibia
- Salamander announces North Kutei drilling insurance claim
- FMC Technologies awarded subsea equipment contract for Shell's Stones field
- Noble Energy announces Karish discovery in the Levant Basin offshore Israel