Roxi Petroleum plc announces Galaz NK-12
Friday, Jan 11, 2013
Roxi Petroleum plc, the Central Asian oil and gas company with a focus on Kazakhstan, is pleased to update the market with the progress of Well NK-12, at its NW Konys asset (Galaz), which was spudded on 23 November 2012.
Well NK-12 is located to the south of currently producing wells at Galaz, which in aggregate are now producing in excess of 1,000 bopd. Roxi has a 34.22 per cent interest in Galaz.
NK-12 has been drilled to a total depth of 1,402 metres, and wireline logging has been run. The wireline log interpretation indicated that the well encountered an oil-bearing zone in the Cretaceous interval from 1,285 to 1,292.8 metres. Production casing has been run and cemented for perforating the above interval for testing.
Work on this well is scheduled to restart following the end of the Kazakh New Year holiday break in the middle of January 2013, after which, a further update will be made.
Source: Roxi Petroleum plc
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Aquaterra Energy showcases full-service approach at OTC
- Webtool RCO54 is the perfect tool for routine drill line maintenance
- Foster Wheeler Awarded FEED Contracts by S-OIL Corporation for Residue Upgrading Project in South Korea
- Industry leaders meeting in Glasgow next month to discuss ‘The global decommissioning legacy – Burden or Bonanza?'
- ABB wins $60 million telecom contracts for Statoil platforms
- Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. retains Citigroup Global Markets to sell its interest in West Texas LPG Pipeline Limited Partnership
- Viking strengthens partnership with Labroy Marine veteran as it invests in second rig accelerates entry to mainstream offshore rig chartering
- Longtom operational update