Roxi Petroleum plc announces first production from Munaily
Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012
Roxi Petroleum plc, the Central Asian oil and gas company with a focus on Kazakhstan, is pleased to announce that production at the Munaily field from Well H1 has commenced at a rate of 125 bopd as of 2 December2012.
The Munaily field is located in the Atyrau Oblast approximately 70 kilometres southeast of the town of Kulsary. The field was discovered in the 1940s and produced from 12 reservoirs in the Cretaceous through to the Triassic; Roxi acquired a 58.41 per cent interest of the 0.67 square kilometre rehabilitation block in 2008.
Munaily has a 15 year full production license, which allows production to be sold at international prices. There are estimated to be 1.2 million barrels of bypassed reserves at Munaily.
An agreement has been signed to sell production from Well H1 at domestic prices with the proceeds being used to fund the development of an additional two wells. Once these wells are in production the Company will look to enter into a off-take agreement at international prices.
Source: Roxi Petroleum
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Production News
- API announces questions still surround BLM hydraulic fracturing regulations
- AWE Limited provide BassGas update Yolla-A achieves significant production increase
- Gran Tierra Energy announces successful acreage awards in Brazil
- Oando Energy Resources announces additional 2,500 bopd production capacity from Ebendo field
- Gazprom to develop Russia-wide Unified Gas Supply System by creating new GTS in East and connecting it to existing GTS in European part
- Far East Energy announces spudding of 15th and 16th wells of 2013, preliminary drilling results of latest appraisal well
- Blue Earth Resources, Inc. expands Its Louisiana oil & gas acquisition
- Nexus Energy Limited and Santos Limited agree to amend Longtom Gas sales agreement