ReneSola PV module installations top 100 MW in Greece
Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013
JIASHAN, China, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ReneSola Ltd ("ReneSola" or the "Company") (NYSE: SOL), a leading global manufacturer of solar photovoltaic ("PV") modules and wafers, today announced that a total of more than 100 MW of the Company's PV modules have been distributed, installed, and connected to the grid in Greece since November of 2011.
The achievement is primarily the result of the Company's strategic partnership with BIG SOLAR S.A. ("BIGSOLAR"), the biggest Greek stock-holder and distributor in the field of PV systems for electricity production through solar energy. BIG SOLAR has served as ReneSola's exclusive distributor for Greece and Cyprus since July of 2012 and will exhibit ReneSola's PV modules at the Solarex Solar and PV Technologies Exhibition in Istanbul in April of this year.
The 100 MW of installations include a range of ground-based and rooftop systems, most notably five high-performing BIG SOLAR projects totaling 8.65 MW, which include a 1.95 MW project near Athens that is the largest rooftop installation in Greece.
Mr. Xianshou Li, ReneSola's chief executive officer, commented, "Greece, as a key solar market, has always been an important focus of our international marketing efforts and we are proud to have reached this milestone with the help of our local partner, BIG SOLAR. We expect this collaboration will support not only our efforts in the Greek market, but also in regional markets, where consumers have begun to recognize the high efficiency and high power output of our modules."
Founded in 2005, ReneSola (NYSE:SOL) is a leading global manufacturer of high-efficiency solar PV modules and wafers. Leveraging its proprietary technologies, economies of scale and technical expertise, ReneSola uses in-house virgin polysilicon and a vertically integrated business model to provide customers with high-quality, cost-competitive products. ReneSola solar modules have scored top PVUSA Test Conditions (PTC) ratings with high annual kilowatt-hour output, according to the California Energy Commission (CEC). ReneSola solar PV modules can be found in projects ranging in size from a few kilowatts to multi-megawatts in markets around the world, including the United States, Germany, Italy, Belgium, China, Greece, Spain and Australia. For more information, please visit www.ReneSola.com.
Other Renewable News
- Yingli Green Energy signs framework agreement with United PV for the acquisition of 300 MW solar PV plants
- E.ON brings biomass benefits to Unipart
- Panda Power funds selects GP strategies for monitoring and training at state-of-the-art combined cycle power plants
- 25 MW of solar power plants of Yingli Green Energy in China commenced construction
- Northland Power renews preliminary base shelf prospectus
- Ellomay Capital Ltd. Engages MZ Group for investor relations
- Sulzer introduces an innovative, highly efficient and cost effective cooling water pump for utility power generation
- Marubeni to launch mega-solar power project in Iwanuma City, Miyagi Prefecture