ReneSola's high-wattage solar module passes TUV SUD's PID test
Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012
FRANKFURT, Germany, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ReneSola Ltd ("ReneSola" or the "Company") (NYSE: SOL), a leading global manufacturer of solar photovoltaic ("PV") modules and wafers, today announced its 300 watt ("W") multicrystalline solar module has passed the potential-induced degradation ("PID") test performed by TUV SUD, a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification solutions.
The PID test was conducted by TUV SUD to assess loss of power output of solar modules under severe conditions of high voltage, high temperature and high humidity. ReneSola's 300 W multicrystalline solar module was exposed to 1,000 volts of bias voltage at a temperature of 85 degrees Celsius and a relative humidity of 85% for 96 consecutive hours. During the test, ReneSola's maximum degradation of power output was 1.34%, significantly below the maximum allowable power output degradation of 5%.
Mr. Xianshou Li, ReneSola's chief executive officer, commented, "The fact that our high-wattage 300 W poly module passed TUV SUD's PID test by such a large margin underscores its value proposition. Solar developers not only get more power per square foot with this module, but also a long life cycle with minimal degradation and reliable power output. PID is an important purchasing factor for solar developers, particularly if the modules are to be used in areas of high humidity and high temperatures. Our TUV SUD test result should reassure customers of the reliability of our solar modules and demonstrate our commitment to producing high-quality solar products."
Founded in 2005, ReneSola (NYSE:SOL) is a leading global manufacturer of high-efficiency solar PV modules and wafers. Leveraging its proprietary technologies, economies of scale and technical expertise, ReneSola uses in-house virgin polysilicon and a vertically integrated business model to provide customers with high-quality, cost-competitive products. ReneSola solar modules have scored top PVUSA Test Conditions (PTC) ratings with high annual kilowatt-hour output, according to the California Energy Commission (CEC). ReneSola solar PV modules can be found in projects ranging in size from a few kilowatts to multi-megawatts in markets around the world, including the United States, Germany, Italy, Belgium, China, Greece, Spain and Australia. For more information, please visit www.ReneSola.com.
Source: ReneSola Ltd.
Other Renewable News
- Iberdrola reinforces commitment to hydroelectric power
- JinkoSolar provides 4000kWp to Inbar Solar Energy for Mitzpe Ramon Ground Project
- Neste Oil together with its Dutch partners win a Sustainable Bio Award for their work on sustainable aviation biofuel
- Enel Green Power completes “São Judas” wind farm in Brazil
- ReneSola provides high-efficiency modules to 11.7MW solar project in Italy
- Frost & Sullivan lauds ZTE Corporation's green power solutions for mitigating the power shortage in Africa and stoking the ICT sector
- Speech from the Throne signals renewed awareness of significant potential of Alberta's wind energy resources
- Wind energy contributes to improvement of Ontario's electricity grid stability and reliability