Regulus Continues to extend Southwest copper-gold zone Rio Grande Project-Salta, Argentina
Monday, Nov 19, 2012
Regulus Resources Inc. ("Regulus" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:REG) is pleased to announce results for an additional six drill holes from the current drilling program at the Rio Grande copper-gold-molybdenum project in Salta Province, Argentina. These holes were all drilled as 50 m offsets to well-mineralized holes previously reported from the Southwest high-grade copper-gold zone.
John Black, President and CEO of Regulus commented as follows: "We have now intersected the high-grade copper-gold Southwest zone on four parallel drill sections, spaced at approximately 50 metre intervals with a vertical extent of mineralization exceeding 500 m. Mineralization remains open both laterally and to depth but appears to be decreasing in grade, thickness and gold/copper ratio away from the high-grade core defined by drill holes RGR-11-086, RGR-12-099 and RGR-12-106. The geometry of the mineralized zone is now quite well constrained as a tabular zone with a northwest strike and dipping steeply to the northeast. The true thickness of the zone is variable and not fully constrained but appears to be approximately 40-80 m at a cut-off grade of 0.5% Cu Equivalent in the central portion of the zone. We are currently in the process of integrating the results of this drilling campaign to identify additional targets similar to the Southwest high-grade copper-gold zone within other portions of the Rio Grande ring structure."
Other Metal News
- North American Nickel Inc. announces 100 new exploration targets identified at Maniitsoq
- Belo Sun receives environmental approval for the development of its Volta Grande Gold Project, Brazil
- Severstal Russian Steel’s distribution network more than doubles EBITDA in 9M 2013
- Endeavour Mining pours first gold bar at Agbaou Mine ahead of schedule
- Rio Tinto to suspend production at Gove alumina refinery
- New Millennium Iron Corp. updates the progress of the Taconite Project Feasibility Study and announces engagement of a qualified consultant for the fi
- Rio Tinto unveils breakthrough pathway for iron ore expansion in Australia
- Redhawk commences drilling program on new northwest resource expansion target