Raytheon UK to deliver additional Paveway™ IVs to UK MOD
Tuesday, Dec 04, 2012
Raytheon UK has won a £25 million contract from the UK MOD for further Paveway™ IV precision-guided bombs. This latest contract will adhere to the accelerated delivery timeframe of two previous orders, placed over the last year, totaling nearly £80 million.
Bob Delorge, chief executive Raytheon UK, commented: "The Paveway IV is well recognized as being the RAF's precision-guided bomb of choice, with accuracy, flexibility, and reliability being some of the key characteristics of the system. The Paveway IV weapon system has proved itself pivotal to operations in Afghanistan and also in Libya. This contract will help sustain hundreds of highly skilled staff in Raytheon as well as our UK-based partners while delivering an outstanding operational capability."
About Raytheon UK
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. It is a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and has developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defense, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Uxbridge, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon.
Other Defence News
- Lockheed Martin announces F-35A successfully completes high angle of attack testing
- Raytheon's newest Standard Missile-3 takes out complex, separating short-range ballistic missile target
- Pacific Software to acquire metal fabrication company
- Northrop Grumman proves concept for new B-2 satellite communication system
- Northrop Grumman, U.S. Navy catapult X-47B from carrier into history books
- Lockheed Martin announces rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow
- Northrop Grumman, Florida Tech help lead next generation into space through innovative STEM partnership
- Raytheon delivers electronic jamming capability for Gray Eagle UAS