Process Safety Solutions strengthens management team
Monday, Nov 19, 2012
Aberdeen based safety systems design specialist, Process Safety Solutions Ltd (PSS), has strengthened its management team with the appointment of Irene Arcari as Support Manager.
This announcement shortly follows PSS’s recently reported turnover increase from £0.7m to £1.6m over 12 months.
As Support Manager, Irene (54) will head up the company’s support division, which provides round the clock assistance to safety needs both onshore and offshore. The Aberdeen University graduate will manage support contracts and engineering projects as well as supervise quality management systems and production documentation audits.
Irene moved to PSS from the position of Lead Systems Engineer at CSE Controls, previously working at Tierney Strachan Consulting, Aker Solutions, Real Time Engineering, Kvaerner, Burroughs and ICL. With over 33 years experience, Irene has developed a thorough understanding of software systems such as DeltaV as well as ISO 9001 quality systems.
Speaking of her role, Irene said, ‘PSS is a dynamic company with ambitious plans for the next year. I am excited to be part of such an experienced team and keen to ensure that the company will continue to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction during a period of accelerated growth.’
David Green, Operations Director at PSS said Irene’s appointment is part of a long-term strategic development plan, ‘Irene brings a vast range of expertise and experience that is extremely valuable to the management team. We can see a lot of synergies between Irene and the business processes and values at PSS and we are confident in her ability to lead the Support Division.
David continues, ‘The Support Division is an important part of our business and to assist Irene we have recently invested a further £250,000 on our Aberdeen Headquarters. With this investment we will enhance our Training and Simulation Centre, creating a local hub for our customers to hone their risk analysis and prevention strategies.’
Over the next 12 months, PSS is looking to appoint a further 5-7 staff in order to accommodate increased demand for its services both nationally and internationally.
Source: Process Safety Solutions
Other Oil & Gas News
- Coastal Energy announces operations & guidance update and successful exploration results
- Leyshon Resources provide update on well ZJS6 and well ZJS7
- Panoro Energy signs agreement for sale of its interest in OML 113, Nigeria
- Black Elk Energy offshore operations, LLC reports another successful flowtest at Ship Shoal 198 I-6
- Ithaca Energy Inc. announces further UK exploration portfolio farm-outs to Edison International and Shell 17 June 2013
- Ithaca Energy Inc. announces Stella field development drilling commences 18 June 2013
- Ocean Rig UDW Inc. announces letter of award for a 5 well drilling contract for the Ocean Rig Skyros
- CNR International to invest £300 million in North Sea field