PetroNova provides update on the TORNADO-1 well on CPO-13
Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
CALGARY, Dec. 18, 2012 /CNW/ - PetroNova Inc. ("PetroNova" or the "Company") (TSXV: PNA), a company engaged in the exploration and development of oil and natural gas resources in Colombia, today provided an update on its Tornado-1 exploration well located on the CPO-13 Block (in which PetroNova has a non-operating, 20 percent working interest) in Colombia's Llanos Basin.
The Tornado-1 exploration well, spud on December 11, 2012, reached total depth of 3,315 feet on December 16, 2012. Good sand development was encountered in both target zones, the Basal Sands of the Carbonera Formation and the Eocene Mirador Formation. Despite some oil shows in the Mirador Sand sequence, wireline logs acquired after drilling measured low resistivities in both formations and the identified reservoirs were interpreted as water bearing. Tornado-1 will be plugged and abandoned.
Tornado-1 is the third well drilled in the CPO-13 Block, where a discovery at the Pendare-1 well was announced on July 25, 2012. Drilling the Tornado-1 well fulfilled the obligations of PetroNova and the Operator under the Phase 1 exploration program, required in the exploration and production contract with the ANH and Phase 1 is now complete. PetroNova and the Operator will continue their drilling campaign and plan to move the rig to the Guasco Prospect in the CPO-13 Block.
The Company, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the exploration for, and the acquisition and development of, oil and natural gas resources in South America, specifically in Colombia. The Company's assets currently include the Company's interests in the PUT-2 and Tinigua Blocks located in the Caguan-Putumayo Basin in Colombia, both of which are operated by the Company, and the non-operated CPO-06, CPO-07 and CPO-13 Blocks located in the Llanos Basin in Colombia. The common shares of the Company trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the stock symbol "PNA".
SOURCE PetroNova Inc.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Exploration News
- Canacol Energy Ltd. encounters 133 feet of net oil pay in the Leono 1 exploration well in Colombia
- VMS Ventures Inc.announces 100 new exploration targets identified at Maniitsoq preliminary 2013 airborne geophysical data enhances nickel camp potenti
- Result of the 12th Bidding Round of ANP
- Woodside selects Acceleware's high performance seismic modeling software for oil and gas exploration
- Energy minister awards record number of licences to UK independent oil exploration companies
- Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce oil and gas survey confirms bright future for North Sea
- East West Petroleum announces ratification of Romanian concessions
- Ukraine announces Makeevskoye-17 commences drilling