Pars Oil & Gas Company announces number of drilling derricks in South Pars to reach 20 by the end of current Iranian year (March 20, 2013)
Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012Oil Minister says there exists a planning for development of drilling activities in South Pars Field, adding there are already 13 drilling derricks operating in various sites of the field, and upon adding seven other units, the number of derricks will increase to 20 by the end of the year/
We have plans on hand to deploy 28 drilling derricks in South Pars Gas Field, and we hope this number will arrive at Persian Gulf Waters by the first half of the next Iranian year (up to Sept. 22, 2013), Eng. Rostam Qasemi added, in his statements addressed to members of Islamic Council Assembly’s Industry and Mine Commission in Pars Special Zone, according to POGC Public Relations.
Today, the drilling industry is totally in the powerful hands of Iranian experts and prototyping of many drilling equipment is carried out in onshore facilities, he noted, mentioning the localization of drilling technologies and equipment within the country.
We will also start the prototyping of some offshore drilling equipment in our country in near future, the Oil Minister noted.
Upon the development of 27 common oil and gas fields, the oil production will boost to 5.2 million barrels per day, with the gas production increased to 1.4 billion cubic meters per day, Qasemi underscored, mentioning the oil industry’s willpower to develop oil and gas common fields.
In order to develop South Pars phases, several contracts worth USD 68 billion have been concluded, and upon completion and operation of the phases, gas production in South Pars Common Field will reach 770 million cubic meters per day, he underlined regarding the volume of investment made in South Pars.
Source: Pars Oil & Gas Company
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Teekay Offshore Partners signs new FSO contract with Statoil
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 6608/11-8 in production licence 128
- Irving Oil partners with Acadia University as first natural gas customer in Nova Scotia
- ExxonMobil contributes to tornado recovery and relief efforts
- Alexander Energy Ltd. 11-12-56-27W4 well recompletion tests at 260 BOPD
- Audubon announces major dominion LNG liquefaction contract
- Greyrock to deploy plants that monetize low value associated natural gas
- Pioneer Natural Resources announces initial production results for first horizontal Wolfcamp Shale well in Martin County, Texas