Paramount provides update on Cavalier Energy Inc.
Thursday, Jan 10, 2013Paramount Resources Ltd. ("Paramount") (TSX:POU) is pleased to announce that its wholly-owned subsidiary Cavalier Energy Inc. ("Cavalier") has received an updated independent evaluation of the Grand Rapids formation in its 100 percent owned in-situ oil sands leases in the Hoole area of Alberta (the "Hoole Lands").
The evaluation ascribed 93 million barrels of probable reserves with a net present value (discounted at 10 percent) of $379 million to Cavalier's initial 10,000 barrel per day in-situ SAGD oil sands development covering approximately two sections of the Hoole Lands (the "Hoole Project"). Over and above the aforementioned reserves, the evaluation ascribed 719 million barrels of economic contingent resources (best estimate) with a net present value (discounted at 10 percent) of $1.949 billion to the remaining approximate 54 sections of Cavalier's Hoole Lands (the "Remaining Hoole Lands"). "The new estimates further emphasize that the Hoole Lands are a significant asset and the recognition of reserves is an important milestone for Cavalier," stated William Roach, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cavalier.
The updated estimates and reclassification of Hoole Project volumes from economic contingent resources to probable reserves follows Cavalier's November 2012 regulatory applications to the Energy Resources Conservation Board and Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development.
Subject to receipt of regulatory approvals, the Hoole Project schedule currently anticipates first steam in 2015 and the first full year of production in 2016. It is expected that the Hoole Lands could support a project of over 80,000 barrels per day by 2022.
"This is another positive step forward for Paramount and the Cavalier team," said Jim Riddell, President and Chief Operating Officer of Paramount.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam
- Contract extension for Safe Hibernia
- Aker Solutions Wins Contract to Deliver Subsea Production System for Total's Kaombo Development in Angola