Oil Search Limited announces drilling report
Thursday, Jan 03, 2013
Oil Search reports that as at 06:00 hours KRI time on 3 January, the Taza 1 ST1 well was at a depth of 3,200 metres and preparing to drill ahead towards the Euphrates Formation.
During the week, the testing equipment was recovered, pressure data
downloaded and a drilling assembly run in-hole, ready to drill ahead.
Operations were suspended on 30 December pending resolution of a local
security issue and will resume as soon as possible.
The Taza prospect is located approximately 80 kilometres southwest of the city of Sulaymaniyah. The primary objectives are Miocene and Oligocene carbonates of the Jeribe and Euphrates Formations.
Source: Oil Search Limited
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Dominion to deliver additional volumes of natural gas from West Virginia to Ohio interconnection points
- CONSOL Energy provides latest Marcellus Shale well results acquires nearly 90,000 acres with Marcellus Shale and Upper Devonian potential
- Seismic cooperation in the southeastern Barents Sea
- Carbon Sciences considering Texas sites for first Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) plant
- Latest campaign raises Tanzania resources to 15 tcf
- As previously indicated, Technip will issue its preliminary 2014 market views on December 17, 2013 after the market close
- Qatar Petroleum, Zeon and Mitsui sign MOU for Ras Laffan elastomer project
- Eagleford Energy enters into joint development agreement