Oil Search Limited announces drilling report
Thursday, Jan 03, 2013
Oil Search reports that as at 06:00 hours KRI time on 3 January, the Taza 1 ST1 well was at a depth of 3,200 metres and preparing to drill ahead towards the Euphrates Formation.
During the week, the testing equipment was recovered, pressure data
downloaded and a drilling assembly run in-hole, ready to drill ahead.
Operations were suspended on 30 December pending resolution of a local
security issue and will resume as soon as possible.
The Taza prospect is located approximately 80 kilometres southwest of the city of Sulaymaniyah. The primary objectives are Miocene and Oligocene carbonates of the Jeribe and Euphrates Formations.
Source: Oil Search Limited
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Drilling News
- The IADC announces annual North Sea safety awards presented
- Afren plc announces OPL 310 - farm out agreement secured and exploration drilling commenced
- TAG Oil's Ngapaeruru-1 well intersects oil and gas shows in source rock
- Senex Energy Limited announces major new conventional gas field identified at Hornet
- Atwood Oceanics announces contract for the Atwood Aurora
- Pacific Rubiales provides update on oil discovery in the Bilby-1 exploration well, Karoon blocks, offshore Santos Basin, Brazil
- Statoil announces Noble Corporation has been awarded the drilling services for Mariner project
- Noble receives contract award for new ultra-high specification jackup to be constructed for Mariner project