Ocean installer celebrated six months in Aberdeen
Friday, Nov 23, 2012
Six months after Ocean Installer opened its UK office in Aberdeen, the
Norwegian subsea entrepreneurial company yesterday welcomed the industry to celebrate the company's considerable achievements so far.
Martin Sisley, UK Managing Director of Ocean Installer, opened the
celebrations by reflecting on the company's development and highlighting the importance of the Aberdeen office to Ocean Installer's operations.
- We have achieved more than 270 000 man hours without any lost time
incidents. This is something we are incredible proud of, he said and
- The Aberdeen office is one of Ocean Installer's corner stones. Our UK
presence plays a key role in the company's growth strategy, and we are set to build the UK organisation to the same level as our Norwegian
About 60 people attended the event which took place at local establishment, Orchid. In addition to Ocean Installer Aberdeen staff, a broad range of industry players, trade associations, clients and other stakeholders took part in the celebrations. The event was also attended by the Ocean Installer CEO Steinar Riise and CTO Ken Nilsson.
The level of attendance reflected the position Ocean Installer has gained
within the Industry since the company's initiation. Although only offshore
since spring, Ocean Installer has already established itself as an important subsea contractor in the North Sea basin, having completed several successful offshore jobs for companies such as Xcite Energy, ExxonMobil, Nexen/Saipem, ConocoPhillips, Premier Oil, E.On Ruhrgas and Shell.
Ocean Installer counts today about 150 persons internationally, of which 25 are based in Aberdeen. The objective is to be a total of about 250 300 persons by the end of 2013, of which 100 will be in the UK office.
Other Subsea News
- WFS Technologies announces the launch of Seatooth S100 Development Kit and OEM Product
- Hallin commences new offshore installation support project in Bay of Bengal
- Integrated Oceaneering team combines technologies for Australian success
- Technip Heerema Alliance wins major Kaombo subsea contract offshore Angola
- Subsea Technologies Ltd. celebrates year of growth and move to new premises with place in the final of Scottish Business Awards
- AISUS Offshore achieves turnover in excess of £1million in first year in business
- Aker Solutions Wins Contract to Deliver Subsea Production System for Total's Kaombo Development in Angola
- Rise in demand for rental equipment offshore drilling projects predicted