Nuclear power market in France - the leading nuclear power country within the European Union
Monday, Apr 30, 2012
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Nuclear Power Market in France" report to their offering.
France has the highest number of nuclear reactors in the world, after the United States. With the country having 58 active nuclear reactors, France is the leading nuclear power country within the European Union. Out of the 143 nuclear reactors found in the EU, France has 58 of them.
France has been a supporter of nuclear energy since the 1950s itself and has strong belief that the technology is safe, even after the Fukushima accident.
For many years, nuclear power has been used for the purposed of generating electricity across the globe. However, with the recent Fukushima nuclear disaster, the safety of nuclear power has been called into question, with many countries deciding to phase out nuclear power completely by 2020. With concerns rising about the use of conventional thermal energy sources, many are questioning whether one can truly phase out and finish off the dependence on nuclear energy.
Source: Business Wire
Other Nuclear News
- FY2015 budget request announces preserving President Obama’s Nuclear Security vision
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for an LNG import and regasification terminal in Kuwait
- Zadar announces drilling permit applications and work programs for PNE and Pasfield Lake Uranium Projects
- Makena Encounters multiple conductive anomalies on Patterson Uranium Prospect
- Unit 2 at Susquehanna nuclear power plant safely shut down for planned turbine inspection
- USW announces include workers in response to leak at N.M. nuclear waste facility
- Saulsbury Industries launches nuclear services division
- B&W subsidiary awarded up to $302 million in contracts for Naval Reactors Fuel, materials services