Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 3/7-8 S in production licence 147
Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted DONG E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 3/7-8 S.
The well will be drilled from the Mærsk Giant drilling facility at position 56°23’10.72’’ north and 4°14’0.52” east.
The drilling programme for well 3/7-8 S relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 147. DONG E&P Norge is the operator with an ownership interest of 50 per cent. The licensee Bayerngas Norge AS also has an ownership interest of 50 per cent. Production licence 147 was awarded in the 12th licensing round in 1988.
The area in this production licence is located south of the Trym field in the southeastern part of the North Sea, and consists of block 3/7 bordering Denmark. Well 3/7-8 is the fourth exploration well in this production licence.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
Source: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Production News
- API announces questions still surround BLM hydraulic fracturing regulations
- AWE Limited provide BassGas update Yolla-A achieves significant production increase
- Gran Tierra Energy announces successful acreage awards in Brazil
- Oando Energy Resources announces additional 2,500 bopd production capacity from Ebendo field
- Alexey Miller announces Gazprom to develop Russia-wide Unified Gas Supply System by creating new GTS in East and connecting it to existing GTS in Euro
- Far East Energy announces spudding of 15th and 16th wells of 2013, preliminary drilling results of latest appraisal well
- Blue Earth Resources, Inc. expands Its Louisiana oil & gas acquisition
- Nexus Energy Limited and Santos Limited agree to amend Longtom Gas sales agreement