Northrop Grumman provides attitude heading reference system for Sikorsky's newly certified S-76D helicopter
Monday, Dec 17, 2012
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is supplying the LCR-100 attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) for Sikorsky's new S-76D helicopter, which recently received Type Certification from the
The LCR-100 is a standard component of the Thales TopDeck® avionics suite on the new medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter.
"The LCR-100 has proven its dependability and efficiency in serving rugged helicopter platforms, including previous versions of the S-76," said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. "We continue to offer lighter products with greater accuracy and performance."
Northrop Grumman LITEF is a leading supplier of inertial sensors, inertial reference, and inertial navigation systems and computers with products deployed in more than 30 countries in aircraft, marine vessels and ground mobile applications. The company has more than 15,000 fibre-optic gyro systems serving in aircraft worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
Other Defence News
- Apache M-TADS/PNVS team receives second secretary of defense PBL award
- Lockheed Martin and the U.S. Navy strengthen international alliance with helicopter acceptance
- Raytheon, Chemring Group complete first live-fire test of CENTURION launcher
- Raytheon scores 100 percent on Corporate Equality Index for 9th consecutive time
- Raytheon BBN Technologies and GrammaTech collaborate to help U.S. government prevent malware in IT devices
- Astrium, Raytheon team to compete for NATO ballistic missile defense work
- Northrop Grumman forms industry leading team for Ministry of National Guard aviation support contract, Saudi Arabia
- Northrop Grumman to provide the first integrated IP-based air traffic communication system for Brazil