Northrop Grumman provides attitude heading reference system for Sikorsky's newly certified S-76D helicopter
Monday, Dec 17, 2012
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is supplying the LCR-100 attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) for Sikorsky's new S-76D helicopter, which recently received Type Certification from the
The LCR-100 is a standard component of the Thales TopDeck® avionics suite on the new medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter.
"The LCR-100 has proven its dependability and efficiency in serving rugged helicopter platforms, including previous versions of the S-76," said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. "We continue to offer lighter products with greater accuracy and performance."
Northrop Grumman LITEF is a leading supplier of inertial sensors, inertial reference, and inertial navigation systems and computers with products deployed in more than 30 countries in aircraft, marine vessels and ground mobile applications. The company has more than 15,000 fibre-optic gyro systems serving in aircraft worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
Other Defence News
- Nuclear Materials Safeguards and Security Upgrade Project completed under budget
- Animatronic mannequin to test protective equipment
- Airbus Defence and Space announces expands VSAT coverage in the Indian Ocean
- Bowtech Products Ltd shortlisted as “Employer of the Year” finalist in Grampian Awards for Business Excellence.
- Airbus Defence and Space announces launches next generation XChange for flexible maritime satellite communications
- CGI awarded DISA operational security certification for defense cloud services
- L-3 MAPPS Selected to Design the Integrated Platform Management System for the Royal Canadian Navy’s Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship Project
- Republic of Korea air force accepts first C-130J Super Hercules