Northrop Grumman provides attitude heading reference system for Sikorsky's newly certified S-76D helicopter
Monday, Dec 17, 2012
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is supplying the LCR-100 attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) for Sikorsky's new S-76D helicopter, which recently received Type Certification from the
The LCR-100 is a standard component of the Thales TopDeck® avionics suite on the new medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter.
"The LCR-100 has proven its dependability and efficiency in serving rugged helicopter platforms, including previous versions of the S-76," said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. "We continue to offer lighter products with greater accuracy and performance."
Northrop Grumman LITEF is a leading supplier of inertial sensors, inertial reference, and inertial navigation systems and computers with products deployed in more than 30 countries in aircraft, marine vessels and ground mobile applications. The company has more than 15,000 fibre-optic gyro systems serving in aircraft worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
Other Defence News
- Northrop Grumman proves concept for new B-2 satellite communication system
- Northrop Grumman, U.S. Navy catapult X-47B from carrier into history books
- Lockheed Martin announces rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow
- Northrop Grumman, Florida Tech help lead next generation into space through innovative STEM partnership
- Raytheon delivers electronic jamming capability for Gray Eagle UAS
- SAIC awarded contract by joint program executive office for chemical and biological defense
- Northrop Grumman joins Department of Homeland Security program to bolster cyber protections for U.S. critical infrastructure
- Lockheed Martin's second generation Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System successfully intercepts ballistic missile target