Northrop Grumman focuses on global ISR capabilities at Aero India 2013
Monday, Feb 04, 2013
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) will highlight its industry-leading range of capabilities in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) including airborne early warning and control systems for maritime reconnaissance and unmanned aerial vehicles, at the Aero India 2013 exhibition and air show.
"ISR capability is critical to effective homeland security and our leadership in multiple-domain ISR strongly positions
The E-2D Advanced Hawkeye programme couples a newly designed electronically scanned radar with a matching suite of sensors, avionics, processors, software and displays to provide the most technologically advanced command and control capability available worldwide. The AN/APY-9 radar, with a two-generation leap in capability, is the backbone of this aircraft and provides greater flexibility and significantly improved detection and tracking over all terrains. To date,
An E-2D Advanced Hawkeye crew workstation and flyable cockpit simulator will be included on the exhibit stand to demonstrate the benefits of the E-2D for military and civil applications.
The company's airborne surveillance capabilities will be highlighted with the MQ-4C Triton unmanned aircraft and the lighter-than-air Long Endurance Multi-Intelligence Vehicle (LEMV).
Triton is a maritime version of the combat-proven Global Hawk unmanned aircraft system. Developed for the
Northrop Grumman is developing the LEMV long-endurance hybrid airship system for the
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
Other Defence News
- Northrop Grumman deploys IP-based air traffic communication system in North Sea
- Lockheed Martin announces C-130J super Hercules worldwide fleet soars past 1 million flight hours
- Northrop Grumman's SABR brings fifth generation fighter radar capabilities to F-16 aircraft
- Raytheon Company announces ESSM intercept of high-diving threat proves expanded defensive capability
- Austal strengthens sustainment capability in Asia-Pacific
- Lockheed Martin launches redesigned F-35 website
- A global network of innovation engineered for the human domain presented by Elbit Systems at the 2013 special operations forces industry conference
- Northrop Grumman's F-35 supplier in Australia proves capability in manufacture, delivery of high-grade advanced composite components