MoD announces UK humanitarian aid relief to the Philippines - C-17 load and launch from Royal Air Force Brize Norton
Friday, Nov 15, 2013
Early Morning Friday 15th November, a C-17 operated by No 99 Squadron will be departing RAF Brize Norton to provide humanitarian support to the Philippines. They will be transporting a variety of key vehicles and equipment along with medical supplies.
A media facility will be conducted and will provide media with the following opportunities:
Conduct interviews with Justine Greening, DFiD SofS.
- Conduct interviews with the Wg Cdr Stuart Lindsell, Officer Commanding No 99 Squadron and the RAF Brize Norton Station Commander Gp Capt Stephen Lushington.
- Capture the loading of the C-17.
- Interviews and interaction (pre-recorded and live) with the RAF personnel involved;
- Capture the pre-flight planning with 99 Squadron crew
- Capture aircraft preparations, taxi and take off