Petrobras announces oil and gas production in April 2012
Monday, Jun 11, 2012Petrobras announces that its average oil and natural gas output in April, in Brazil and abroad, was 2,551,951 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed). On average, domestic fields produced 2,305,378 boed while overseas fields produced 246,573 boed.
Of the total produced domestically, 1,961,023 barrels/day were exclusively of oil. Natural gas output reached 54,748,000 cubic meters/day. Average oil output overseas was 149,865 barrels per day and natural gas was 16,431,000 cubic meters/day.
The maintenance shutdown of some platforms and their respective subsea systems, as well as the interruption of production at Frade field, operated by Chevron, all in Campos Basin, contributed to a reduction of 32,200 barrels per day (1.6%) in domestic output when compared with the previous month.
There was a 2.7% decrease in production overseas from March, mainly due to operational problems in the horizontal well in Espinal, Colombia.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Production News
- Drilling permit for well 25/10-12 in production licence 625
- OGX announces the beginning of Tubarão Martelo field production in the Campos Basin
- ABTOG Shareholders enter into an Exclusive Option Agreement with Wood Group PSN
- ConocoPhillips announces 2014 capital budget of $16.7 billion and affirms production growth target
- Dresser-Rand's first small-scale LNG unit successfully produces LNG
- Glacier Upper Montney Well Tested at record 21 Mmcf/d, Lower Montney Wells Continue to Outperform, strategic alternatives update
- Gran Tierra Energy announces initial well results in Colombia and production update
- Drilling permit for well 16/1-18 in production licence 338