The Norwegian Petroleum announces drilling permit for wellbore 6507/3-9 S in production licence 212 E
Friday, Jun 08, 2012The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted BP Norge AS a drilling permit for well 6507/3-9 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 6507/3-9 S will be drilled from the Polar Pioneer drilling facility at position 65°56` 44.28" north and 7°41´ 32.83" east.
The drilling programme for wellbore 6507/3-9 S pertains to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 212 E. BP Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 30 per cent. The other licensees are Statoil Petroleum AS (30 per cent), E.ON E&P Norge AS (25 per cent) and PGNiG Norway AS (15 per cent).
The production licence consists of block 6507/3 and has been partitioned off from production licence 212 B, which was awarded in the 17th licensing round.
Wildcat well 6507/3-9 S is the first exploration well in production licence 212 E.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
Source: The Norwegian Petroleum
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- FTTN moves forward with Texas acquisitions as State’s oil production outpaces rivals
- Severstal to improve heavy plate quality for South Stream and Power of Siberia oil and gas projects
- Delek Group announces discovery of natural gas at the "Karish 1" exploratory well
- Max Petroleum Plc provide drilling update
- Tower Resources plc announces statement regarding the results of the Wingat-1 exploration well, Walvis Basin, Offshore Namibia
- Salamander announces North Kutei drilling insurance claim
- FMC Technologies awarded subsea equipment contract for Shell's Stones field
- Noble Energy announces Karish discovery in the Levant Basin offshore Israel