China sunergy modules pass salt mist corrosion and ammonia resistance tests
Friday, Jun 01, 2012
NANJING, China, May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- China Sunergy Co., Ltd. (Nasdaq: CSUN) ("China Sunergy" or the "Company"), a specialized solar cell and module manufacturer and solar developer, today announced that its mono and poly solar modules passed the salt mist corrosion and ammonia resistance tests conducted by TUV Rheinland Group, an internationally recognized certification authority which provides neutral test reports and certificates to a wide range of products and services.
Passing the salt mist corrosion and ammonia resistance tests confirms the superior quality of the CSUN modules and highlights their suitability under harsh weather and environmental conditions, such as those experienced in coastal areas and inland islands, where salty rain or salt-laden humidity may erode components such as frames, glass surfaces and junction boxes, adversely affecting the performance and shortening the life span of solar modules. Ammonia is a harmful substance which can be found in agricultural areas and the ammonia gas in the air will speed up the ageing process in modules, which in turn damages the functionality of solar modules. The loss of module performance will lead to a lower energy yield hence a lower return rate of PV systems.
Mr. Stephen Cai, CEO of China Sunergy commented, "These two voluntary tests again prove our product quality, reliability and durability. The positive test results ensure that CSUN modules can maintain their excellent performance even under unfavorable weather and environmental conditions. The wider product applications, as a result, would significantly enhance the competitive advantages of CSUN's modules. The CSUN modules can be widely installed in systems along seaside areas, coastal regions or inland locations in markets like Japan, Indonesia, U.K or U.S, while maintaining outstanding product quality. We believe these will help China Sunergy's products penetrate into more different end markets."
About China Sunergy Co., Ltd.
China Sunergy Co., Ltd. is a specialized manufacturer of solar cell and module products in China. China Sunergy manufactures solar cells from silicon wafers, which utilizes crystalline silicon solar cell technology to convert sunlight directly into electricity through a process known as photovoltaic effect, and assembles solar cells into solar modules. China Sunergy sells these solar products to Chinese and overseas module manufacturers, system integrators and solar power systems for use in China and many other markets. For additional information, please visit http://www.chinasunergy.com.
SOURCE China Sunergy Co., Ltd.
Other Renewable News
- Availon lands new maintenance contract for Vestas® turbines
- EnviroGroup installs Australia’s largest grid-connected Enphase microinverter project in conjunction with Yingli Solar
- New Solar plant in El Centro, California starts operations
- GE Energy Financial Services progresses in solar with completion of investment in one of the world’s largest PV plants, in CA
- Etrion and Total secure financing with OPIC for 70 MWp Salvador solar project in Chile
- SunEdison interconnects more than 68 MW (DC) of new solar in Ontario during 2013
- TCEC-led report finds renewable energy and natural gas both play substantial roles in future Texas electric market
- Geotechnical survey on Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Farm site