IHS Launches IHS Connect for iPad App Application Offers Clients Access to Content Virtually Anytime, Anywhere
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (22 May, 2012) – IHS (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of information and analytics, today announced the availability of IHS Connect for iPad, an intuitive and powerful decision support tool for energy professionals.
The app, available on the App Store, allows global energy decision makers to view IHS energy information, analytics and research through a single mobile interface on the iPad. The IHS Connect app supports the exploration and production workflow in the oil and gas industry, enabling smarter and informed decisions. After combining and connecting market leading experts, information and insight over several years, IHS is now providing customers new options to seamlessly connect these capabilities via IHS Connect on PC and Mobile devices.
Edouard Tavernier, IHS vice president-product management, said: “We’re combining business information, research and analytics unavailable anywhere else with the intuitive and fun user experience that we have come to expect of the iPad. Mobility combined with a flexible interface is critical to making content relevant at the point of use – in board meetings, client discussions or on the road. It enables timely and well informed business decisions.
“No other app has comparable information, analytics and research on the oil and gas sector. There are many great apps, but IHS Connect is different to anything that is out there in that it is a powerful business tool that supports key commercial workflows such as opportunity screening, risk assessment and competitor monitoring. This is why it is so innovative and something of which are very proud.”
The IHS Connect app is the only one of its kind, with content that is not available on any other app. It delivers a 360-degree view of energy insight from IHS sources and is designed to support oil and gas upstream workflows. Depending on their individual interests, users can dive into insights around a host of criteria including:
· Global or country-specific exploration and production activity and trends
· Macroeconomic forecasts, daily analysis and data for all countries and all industries
· Information on all exploratory and development oil and gas wells drilled to date globally
· Analytical oil and gas tools to make surface and sub-surface decisions
· Midstream data on transportation, processing and primary markets infrastructure
· Pricing and purchasing estimates, forecasts and analysis to help negotiate prices
· Acreage distribution and field operations in an area of interest
· Identify companies operating in an area and benchmark competitors
The app syncs with the web-based version of IHS Connect for seamless movement between the two. The power is in the ability to review everything in one platform.
IHS Connect for iPad was developed by IHS in partnership with Tigerspike, a global leader in multi-device user experience and emerging technologies.
The Connect iPad app is now available for a free download in the Apple App Store by following this link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ihs-connect/id507444745?ls=1&mt=8 or by searching the Apple App Store for IHS Connect
A demonstration of the app is available here:
Other Oil Software News
- Atkins chooses AVEVA Everything3D and AVEVA Laser Modeller
- ITWORX wins £500,000 of new business in first quarter of 2014
- Agility Group Renews Global Alliance Agreement to Expand the Use of Intergraph® SmartPlant® Enterprise Solutions
- AVEVA showcases industrial gaming software for increased operational safety and efficiency
- Industry leaders meeting in Glasgow next month to discuss ‘The global decommissioning legacy – Burden or Bonanza?'
- LFM User Meeting showcases the latest release of LFM Server
- Resoptima secures agreements for ResX, the industry’s first EnKF based history matching software
- Seabed survey company Osiris Projects are to exhibit at Oceanology International 2014