Patriot Coal operations receive holmes safety awards
Tuesday, May 08, 2012Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE: PCX) today announced that a number of its operations received safety awards from the Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association. Awards were presented based on the best safety record in 2011 by size of operation in each of the Councils of the Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association. Additionally, the Company's Eastern Associated Construction Crew earned an Outstanding Safety Performance award recognizing 11 years without a lost-time accident. Recognized for their safety performance were.
"A comprehensive safety program is one of our key strengths," said Patriot Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer Bennett K. Hatfield. "We are pleased to once again receive Holmes awards recognizing the exemplary safety performance of our coal miners. In total, Patriot operations have received nearly 50 safety-related awards in the last two years alone."
About Patriot Coal
Patriot Coal Corporation is a leading producer and marketer of coal in the eastern United States, with 13 active mining complexes in Appalachia and the Illinois Basin. The Company ships to domestic and international electricity generators, industrial users and metallurgical coal customers, and controls approximately 1.9 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves. The Company's common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PCX.
SOURCE Patriot Coal Corporation
Other Mining News
- EPM Mining Ventures Inc. provides udate on preparation of preliminary feasibility study
- Pangolin Diamonds discovers second Kimberlite in Botswana, adds leading diamond geologist Manfred Marx to exploration team
- Karnalyte enters into engineering services agreement with Whiting Equipment Canada Inc.
- Mining industry Associations and civil society release draft recommendations to improve mining transparency
- Government rejects environmental appeals to Halt Tronox Fairbreeze mine
- Rio Tinto agrees sale of Eagle project
- Atlas Copco’s introduces reverse circulation kit for the DM45 and DML mid-range blasthole drills
- CMW attachments secures contract to provide excavator buckets to Buckeye Minerals Mining Operations