Major Project Facilitation (MPF) status renewed for Tassie Shoal projects
Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012
MEO Australia Limited (ASX: MEO; OTC: MEOAY) is pleased to advise that the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport, the Hon Anthony Albanese MP has granted MPF Status for the Tassie Shoal gas processing projects until 31st December 2015.
The MPF program provides a service to support a timely and efficient approvals process for the proposed developments. Through this service the Department of Infrastructure and Transport will ensure that:
All information on government approvals processes is provided;
All relevant government processes are coordinated so that, as far as possible, they occur
simultaneously and without duplication;
The Australian Government responds promptly to issues relating to the projects raised by
MEO Australia Limited and its subsidiaries; and
Assistance in identifying and accessing government programs is provided
More information regarding the MPF program is available on the program website at www.majorprojectfacilitation.gov.au.
MEO’s CEO and MD Jürgen Hendrich commented on the announcement:
“The Tassie Shoal Projects have the potential to provide substantial benefits to the Australian people via tax and PRRT revenue and export earnings. MPF status further supports our efforts to commercialise these Projects and sends a clear signal of Government support. MEO acknowledges and is extremely grateful for this support.” Additional information regarding MEO’s Tassie Shoal Projects is included in the attached Business Overview flyers.
To access over 2,700 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam