CET Teleport Launches iDirect Evolution DVB-S2/ACM Network to Expand Services Over Africa
Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009
HERNDON, Va., April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- VT iDirect, Inc. (iDirect), a company of VT Systems Inc (VT Systems), today announced that CET Teleport GmbH, a teleport operator based in Germany, has purchased an iDirect Series 15000 Universal Satellite Hub to launch a pan-African DVB-S2/ACM satellite network using newly available Ku-band capacity on Telstar's T11N satellite. The service will launch in May and represents the first step in a longer term transfer of CET's operations to the iDirect platform. iDirect is a world leader in satellite-based IP communications technology.
CET operates one of the largest teleports in Europe, managing more than 50 satellite antennas to serve the broadcasting industry and broadband service providers. With T11N capacity becoming available, CET will begin to distribute new satellite bandwidth in Africa, targeting the South and West regions where current constraints are jeopardizing rising economic and social development. The network will deliver the iDirect Evolution product line's next-generation gains in bandwidth efficiency and data throughput and will leverage the integrated features of iDirect's Intelligent Platform to support enterprise and government applications. CET will also support iDirect's widely deployed iNFINITI product line. The company plans to expand its investment in the iDirect platform to launch additional DVB-S2/ACM networks in the Middle East and Central Europe.
Source: PR Newswire
Other Communication News
- BlackBerry launches mobile App Development Award at Canada-Wide Science Fair 2014
- NXP Software brings high quality speaker phone calling using LifeVibes VoiceExperience in the Galaxy S5
- SourceKnowledge increases video ad inventory on mobile devices - integrates with inneractive's mobile video platform
- AFL Expands Product Offering for Biomedical and Fiber Laser Markets
- Osiris Projects nearing completion of the ambitious works on the subsea cabling project which will help deliver fast, fibre optic broadband to the H
- NTT Communications embarks on product appraisal of Nuage Networks’ next generation SDN Solutions
- AFL Introduces High-Efficiency Stockbridge Vibration Damper
- AFL Completes Acquisition of Tier2