CET Teleport Launches iDirect Evolution DVB-S2/ACM Network to Expand Services Over Africa
Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009
HERNDON, Va., April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- VT iDirect, Inc. (iDirect), a company of VT Systems Inc (VT Systems), today announced that CET Teleport GmbH, a teleport operator based in Germany, has purchased an iDirect Series 15000 Universal Satellite Hub to launch a pan-African DVB-S2/ACM satellite network using newly available Ku-band capacity on Telstar's T11N satellite. The service will launch in May and represents the first step in a longer term transfer of CET's operations to the iDirect platform. iDirect is a world leader in satellite-based IP communications technology.
CET operates one of the largest teleports in Europe, managing more than 50 satellite antennas to serve the broadcasting industry and broadband service providers. With T11N capacity becoming available, CET will begin to distribute new satellite bandwidth in Africa, targeting the South and West regions where current constraints are jeopardizing rising economic and social development. The network will deliver the iDirect Evolution product line's next-generation gains in bandwidth efficiency and data throughput and will leverage the integrated features of iDirect's Intelligent Platform to support enterprise and government applications. CET will also support iDirect's widely deployed iNFINITI product line. The company plans to expand its investment in the iDirect platform to launch additional DVB-S2/ACM networks in the Middle East and Central Europe.
Source: PR Newswire
Other Communication News
- Telecon Group announces the acquisition of some assets and business activities of Netricom's Wireless Network Construction Division
- CRTC wireless code comes into force announces Canadians can cancel their contracts without penalty after two years
- Peraso launches 802.11ad modules for wireless backhaul
- Bell introduces convenient Travel Data Passes for mobile roaming, extends data roaming cost reductions to Europe, Mexico, China and other destinations
- USTDA ACCELERATES CLEAN ENERGY FOR TELECOM TOWERS IN INDIA
- Alcatel-Lucent and Nextgen Group complete first Australian field trial of 400G data transmission over live network
- Vodafone Qatar & Netcomm Wireless announce strategic partnership to Bolster M2M in Qatar
- Ericsson and SK Telecom take LTE-Advanced to the next level