MidAmerican Wind announces completion of 300-megawatt Pinyon Pines Wind I and II projects
Monday, Dec 31, 2012
Today, MidAmerican Wind, a subsidiary of MidAmerican Renewables, announced completion of its 168-megawatt Pinyon Pines Wind I and 132-megawatt Pinyon Pines Wind II projects, formerly known as Alta Wind VII and Alta Wind IX.
“The completion of the Pinyon Pines Wind I and Pinyon Pines Wind II projects bring MidAmerican Wind’s renewable energy portfolio to 381 megawatts”
The projects consist of a total of 100 Vestas 3-megawatt V90 wind turbines and are located near Tehachapi, Calif.
“The completion of the Pinyon Pines Wind I and Pinyon Pines Wind II projects bring MidAmerican Wind’s renewable energy portfolio to 381 megawatts,” said Tom Budler, president of MidAmerican Wind. “We are pleased to have met our timeline for building the two projects and placing them in-service before year-end 2012.”
Southern California Edison will purchase electricity from each of the projects pursuant to the terms of long-term power purchase agreements. The projects are interconnected to Southern California Edison’s Tehachapi Renewable Transmission Project.
With the addition of the two projects, MidAmerican Renewables’ portfolio includes more than 1,250 megawatts of owned renewable energy assets in operation or under construction.
The Pinyon Pines Wind I and Pinyon Pines Wind II projects are part of MidAmerican Wind’s portfolio, which also includes the 81-megawatt Bishop Hill II wind project that was placed in-service earlier this year.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA again donates renewable energy certificates to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Honor of Earth Day
- 3M celebrates 10-year record of EPA ENERGY STAR sustained excellence award
- SolarWorld powers spread of grass-roots community solar purchasing from coast to coast
- Canadian Solar to supply 43MW of solar modules in Japan
- Nice-Pak products and PDI complete largest Rooftop solar array in Rockland County
- Renewable Energy Group achieves one billion gallon milestone
- KYOCERA invests in solar projects valued at $38M with U.S. Light Energy
- InterGen announces agreement with IEnova for the purchase of 50 percent of the first phase of the Energía Sierra Juarez wind project