Mesa Energy Holdings, Inc. announces the commencement of drilling in the Mississippian Lime in Northwest Oklahoma
Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Mesa Energy Holdings, Inc. (the “Company”)(OTCBB: MSEH), an oil and gas exploration and production company, announced today that it has commenced drilling of the Thomas Unit #6H in its Turkey Creek Project in Garfield County, Oklahoma. This horizontal well will be drilled to a total measured depth (TMD) of approximately 11,700 feet including a horizontal lateral of approximately 4,000 feet. The Company owns a 100% working interest in the well and, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Mesa Midcontinent, LLC, is the operator.
“We expect to begin preparations for the commencement of an additional horizontal drilling program in the Niobrara Shale in southeast Wyoming in 2013.”
Once the well is drilled to total depth (TD), the Company expects to run production casing and schedule a multi-stage frac. The Company also anticipates drilling a salt water disposal well on the same location that will serve multiple production wells. The Mississippian Limestone in the area of interest is at a vertical depth of approximately 7,200 feet and is approximately 500 feet thick. Potential reserves in the Mississippian have been reported to be in the range of 300,000 to 500,000 BOE per well.
The Mississippian Lime is an oil-rich carbonate play covering 6.5 million acres in Oklahoma and Kansas and has been developed with vertical wells for over 30 years. Several thousand vertical Mississippian wells have been drilled in northern Oklahoma and the nearby wells with current and past Mississippian production have provided the Company with a wealth of data. Companies operating in the Mississippian Lime play include Chesapeake, SandRidge, Devon and Range Resources. The Company currently holds leases or farm out agreements on approximately 3,400 net mineral acres in the play and is continuing to lease additional acreage and to pursue additional farm out agreements.
“We are excited to be kicking off our drilling program in the Mississippian Lime and look forward to expanding our drilling program and acreage position in 2013,” said Randy M. Griffin, CEO of Mesa Energy Holdings, Inc. Mr. Griffin added, “We expect to begin preparations for the commencement of an additional horizontal drilling program in the Niobrara Shale in southeast Wyoming in 2013.”
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Production News
- Nexus Energy Limited and Santos Limited agree to amend Longtom Gas sales agreement
- OGX acquires a working interest in 13 exploration blocks in the Equatorial Margin and the Parnaíba Basin
- Dana Petroleum’s Western Isles development brought to life in new project film
- Technip awarded contract for a Polyethylene expansion project in Canada
- TAG Oil's Ngapaeruru-1 well intersects oil and gas shows in source rock
- EnQuest places North Sea IRM project with Hallin
- Petromin resumes production testing at Morningside
- Planet Gas Limited announces Senex Energy commits to further work program in highly prospective PEL 514, South Australian Cooper Basin