MEO Australia Limited announces Eni commits to drill Blackwood well
Monday, Feb 04, 2013
MEO Australia Limited (ASX: MEO; OTCQX: MEOAY) advises that Eni Australia Ltd (Eni), operator of exploration permit NT/P68, has provided notice under the NT/P68 Farm-in Agreement (FIA) dated 17th May 2011 that it will proceed with the drilling of a well in the Blackwood area of the permit.
The well will evaluate the 2008 Blackwood gas discovery.
MEO has a 50% participating interest in the well which will be 100% funded by Eni including production testing. Eni has eighteen months from the date of election to drill the well.
MEO’s CEO and MD Jürgen Hendrich commented on the announcement:
"The election by Eni to commit to evaluating the Blackwood gas discovery is a key milestone in the context of the Farm-in Agreement and the potential for the Blackwood resource to underpin a commercial development."
Source: MEO Australia Limited
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Drilling News
- WesternZagros starts Garmian drilling program and provides Kurdamir-3 update
- TAG Oil Ltd. announces intersecting oil & gas shows in our East Coast Basin source rock
- Daybreak continues development success at California oil project
- Talisman Energy announces first oil from HST/HSD development, offshore Vietnam growth continues in core Asia-Pacific region
- Pars Oil & Gas Company announces Marine-1 drilling rig to start operations in phase 20 of South Pars soon
- Pars Oil & Gas Company announces largest SP gas field jacket installed
- Newpark Resources announces Middle East contract award
- OMV Petrom invests EUR 90 mn for the Oprisenesti oil field redevelopment