MEMC introduces Silvantis M330 solar module
Thursday, Jan 17, 2013
ST. LOUIS, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE: WFR), today introduced the MEMC Silvantis™ M330 Solar Module. The Silvantis M330 is the first product to be manufactured exclusively with MEMC-produced polysilicon and CCz p-type mono wafers leveraging the company's strategic vertical integration.
MEMC's new Silvantis M330 Module extends its existing module family and features to full square mono 330 watt (W) solar cells for higher output power and is Potential Induced Degradation (PID)-free, allowing for improved system reliability.
"Our focus at MEMC is utilizing our experience to provide the best customer value and reduce levelized cost of energy (LCOE) for our customers," said Vijay Chinnasami, senior vice president of solar materials at MEMC. "Launching the Silvantis M330 is an important milestone for us. We've leveraged our electronic grade polysilicon, wafer manufacturing expertise and strategic relationships to produce a module that increases efficiency and serves the commercial and utility markets at an economical price point."
The Silvantis M330 is a high-efficiency solar solution that improves efficiency to 16.9% (330W), utilizing new technology and manufacturing techniques to maximize efficiency, minimize cost and extend product lifetime. Renewable Energy Testing Center (RETC) in Fremont California tested the modules according to IEC6125 and IEC61730 standards and certified TUV SUD certifications for long-term operation in a variety of climates and electrical safety. RETC also tested and certified the modules by CSA for UL 1703 (1000 V).
MEMC is a world leader in semiconductor and solar technology. MEMC has been a pioneer in the design and development of silicon wafer technologies for over 50 years. With R&D and manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Europe, and Asia, MEMC enables the next generation of high performance semiconductor devices and solar cells. Through its SunEdison subsidiary, MEMC is also a developer of solar power projects and a worldwide leader in solar energy services. MEMC's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "WFR". For more information about MEMC, please visit www.memc.com.
SOURCE MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc.
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests