McDermott wins platforms and infield flowline contract in Indonesia
Tuesday, Feb 05, 2013
McDermott International, Inc. (NYSE: MDR) (“McDermott”) announced today that its Indonesian subsidiary has been awarded a contract by PC Muriah Ltd., an affiliate of PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., to develop offshore surface facilities and an infield flowline for the Kepodang Field, located approximately 180 kilometers northeast of Semarang, Central Java, in water depths of up to 70 meters. The project will be included in McDermott's fourth quarter 2012 backlog.
“Winning this project is not only a strong testament of our capabilities; it also shows the client’s confidence in our ability to deliver the best value.”
The award includes the procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of a 5,802-tonne central processing platform; a 1,298-tonne wellhead platform; a 2.7-kilometer-long, 10-inch diameter infield flowline; and installation of remote control facilities at the onshore receiving facilities.
“We are very pleased to undertake this competitively tendered project for Petronas in Indonesia,” said Scott Cummins, Senior Vice President and General Manager of McDermott Asia Pacific. “Winning this project is not only a strong testament of our capabilities; it also shows the client’s confidence in our ability to deliver the best value.”
Procurement engineering has already started and fabrication of the facilities will take place at the McDermott Batam yard in Indonesia. Transportation and installation will involve a diverse range of vessels from the McDermott fleet, including a 300-class float-over barge that will install the central processing platform’s 3,078-ton topsides. Project completion, including hookup and commissioning, is expected to be in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam