LyondellBasell Grants Spheripol PP license to PETRONAS
Tuesday, Dec 11, 2012
LyondellBasell today announced Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) has selected the Spheripol process technology from LyondellBasell for two 300 KTA polypropylene (PP) plants to be located in Pengerang, Malaysia.
“PETRONAS’ selection confirms the outstanding reliability of the Spheripol process and its wide acceptance as the leading polypropylene process technology to produce a wide range of premium-quality PP grades,” said Bob Patel, Senior Vice President of Olefins and Polyolefins, Europe, Asia, International and Technology at LyondellBasell.
Key features of the Spheripol process technology include leading monomer consumption, unmatched product quality, operability among the best in the industry, and fast start-up and grade changes. Spheripol’s capacities of up to 550 KT per year make it the technology of choice for the production of polypropylene.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 250 polyolefin process licenses.
Other Chemical News
- Taminco Corporation completes acquisition of Formic Acid business of Kemira Oyj
- BASF breaks ground on new resin plant in Shanghai, China
- Neste Oil together with its Dutch partners win a Sustainable Bio Award for their work on sustainable aviation biofuel
- Aberdeen microbiology experts delighted their toxicity tests are included in DECC preferred method of offshore discharge testing to reduce marine envi
- Toyota Tsusho enters direct methanol fuel cell business-signs Japan exclusive agency agreement with U.S. fuel cell venturec
- Linde Canada Ltd. acquires Quebec safety equipment distributor
- Frost & Sullivan announces Europe and North America drive demand for premium, sustainable lubricants to meet environmental regulations
- Succinity produces first commercial quantities of biobased succinic acid