LyondellBasell grants Lupotech T LDPE license to Reliance
Thursday, Dec 06, 2012
LyondellBasell today announced that Reliance Industries Limited has selected the LyondellBasell Lupotech T process technology for a low density polyethylene (LDPE) plant to be built at the Reliance refinery in Jamnagar, India.
“The Lupotech T license granted to Reliance is our 23rd to be granted over the past 10 years,” said Bob Patel, Senior Vice President of Olefins and Polyolefins, Europe, Asia, International and Technology at LyondellBasell. “With nearly 11 million tonnes of licensed capacity to date, Lupotech T has established itself as the clear market leader in high pressure LDPE technology.”
Key features of the Lupotech T process technology include low manufacturing and investment costs with capacities of up to 450 KTA; leading economics through best-in-class operating performance; a superior product portfolio; fast start up and grade changes; and a high on-stream factor. These features make this technology today’s choice for the world scale production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers.
In addition to the Lupotech T process, the LyondellBasell portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
Lupotech A - high pressure autoclave process for the production of specialty LDPE and EVA copolymers.
Hostalen – a low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal high density polyethylene (HDPE).
Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of linear low density polyethylene (LLPE), medium density polyethylene (MDPE) and HDPE.
Spherizone –latest generation polypropylene technology, based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of high-performance polypropylene and novel polyolefins.
Spheripol – leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers.
Metocene PP – technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems.
Other Chemical News
- Certified sustainable biofuels key to aviation's future
- Chemtrade announces acquisition of General Chemical, strengthening and expanding its existing platform
- Enerkem begins commissioning of front-end systems at the Enerkem Alberta Biofuels facility in Edmonton, Canada
- Nation Ford Chemical receives National performance improvement Honor
- AkzoNobel joins Together for Sustainability (TfS) to enhance global supply chain
- Dow announces carve-out scope for $5 billion of commodity chemicals businesses
- CB&I announces contract for U.S. Ethylene plant
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for engineering, procurement and related services for CODELCO Molybdenum Refinery in Chile