Lockheed Martin announces new gunship-to-be takes to the skies
Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012The first MC-130J Commando II that will be converted to a new AC-130J gunship made its first flight here this week. The MC-130J will have a Precision Strike Package installed, then will fly as a gunship in early 2014. The total requirement for new AC-130J gunships is 37.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
Source: Lockheed Martin
Other Defence News
- Northrop Grumman proves concept for new B-2 satellite communication system
- Northrop Grumman, U.S. Navy catapult X-47B from carrier into history books
- Lockheed Martin announces rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow
- Northrop Grumman, Florida Tech help lead next generation into space through innovative STEM partnership
- Raytheon delivers electronic jamming capability for Gray Eagle UAS
- SAIC awarded contract by joint program executive office for chemical and biological defense
- Northrop Grumman joins Department of Homeland Security program to bolster cyber protections for U.S. critical infrastructure
- Lockheed Martin's second generation Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System successfully intercepts ballistic missile target